Figures that speak for themselvesQUEBEC offers some of the most advantageous cash rebates available in North America:
- 20 % cash-back on all expenses
- 16 % Labor-based computer-aided special effects and animation & Shooting of scenes in front of a chroma-key screen activities.
- No minimum spend, no caps
In Quebec, the tax credit is based on all expenditures and the producer is not required to release the film in Québec.
This tax credit corresponds to 20% of all expenditures, with no prescribed limit, paid to Québec residents or Québec companies.
For digital special effects (VFX) and computer animation, a 16% tax credit enhancement is added, on extended eligible labor. Equally, filming in front of a green screen is included in the credit enhancement.
At the federal level, you get an additional tax incentive of 16%, net of any assistance, of eligible labour expenditures within Canada (CISP).
YOUR TOTAL EFFECTIVE TAX CREDIT COULD REACH UP TO 38.4%. For further details, please contact us at 514-499-7070 or toll free at 1-866-320-3456.
Government of Québec
- The tax incentives in Québec consist of refundable tax credits on all expenses for creating and producing works.
- Tax Credit summary
- Three (3) tax credits are available:
- Refundable tax credit for film and television production; (Available in French only)
- Refundable tax credit for film or television production services;
- Refundable tax credit for film dubbing (Available in French only).
- These tax incentives are administered by the Société de développement des entreprises culturelles (SODEC):
Direction générale de l’aide fiscale aux entreprises culturelles
215, Saint-Jacques Street, Suite 800
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1M6
Tel.: 514 841-2200
Toll free: 1 800 363-0401
Fax: 514 841-8606
Web Site: www.sodec.gouv.qc.ca
Government of Canada
- Two (2) tax credits are available:
- Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC) Program: The FTC is provided to Canadian production companies who may receive a 25% labour expenditure credit for the production of Canadian film or video productions. The qualified labour expenditure may not exceed 60% of the cost of production;
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC) Program : This refundable tax credit is provided to foreign production companies at the rate of 16% of its qualified Canadian labour expenditures for services rendered in Canada by Canadian residents.
- These tax incentives are co-administered by Canadian Heritage’s Canadian Audio-Visual Certification Office and Canada Revenue Agency
110, Spark Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0M5
Tel.: 613 946-7600
Toll Free: 1 888 433-2200
Fax: 613 946-7602
Web Site: Informations
Services in Québec City:
3, passage du Chien-d’Or
Québec (Québec) G1R 4V7
Tel.: 418 649-8224
305, René-Lévesque Blvd. West, 10th Floor
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1A6
Tel.: 514 283-0512
Fax: 514 496-4574
Web Site: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html