X-Men Portal

Permits & Licenses

Labour Licenses

In Québec, a special act* on labour relations in film, television and other areas imposes requirements on Canadian and non-Canadian producers hiring artists for positions included in a bargaining sector defined by the CRAAAP**.

Please consult the Québec producers association (APFTQ) Association des producteurs de films et de télévision du Québec in order to obtain additional information.

* Act respecting the Professional Status and Conditions of Engagement of Performing, Recording and Film Artists (R.S.Q., c. S-32.1)

** Commission de reconnaissance des associations d’artistes et des associations de producteurs

Permits and Licenses

Permits to film in public areas, public buildings or on the road network are required throughout the province. Three regional film offices are in charge of permits and licenses. They will also be able to help you deal with public safety issues, which are usually the municipalities’ responsibility.

Bureau du cinéma et de la télévision de Chaudières-Appalaches
Tel: (581) 681-8783
Email : info@bctca.ca
Fax: info@bctca.ca
City of Québec - Major Events Office
Tel: 418-641-6411 #2417
Fax: 418-641-6048
Email: sophie.roy@ville.quebec.qc.ca
Montréal Film and Television Commission
Tel: 514 872-2883
Fax: 514 872-3409
Email: film_tv@ville.montreal.qc.ca
Laurentians Film and Television Commission
Tel: (450) 562-2446 # 253
Fax: (450) 562-1911
Email: info@filmlaurentides.ca
Longueuil film and TV commission
Tel: (450) 463-7181
Fax : (450) 646-8388
Email: christian.laforce@longueuil.quebec
Saguenay Film Commission
Tel: (418) 698-3157 # 6013
Email: marie.josee.boudreault@saguenay.ca
In regions that are not served by a regional film bureau, please consult the Répertoire des municipalités du Québec in order to obtain their respective contact information.
To obtain information on the provincial road network, please consult Transport Québec.